Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Wizards of Waverly Place?
by Brandon Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:55 am

» Hello
by TG09 Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:48 pm

» Hi, My name is
by TG09 Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:48 pm

» Forum Design
by [ADMIN] Kelly Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:02 pm

» Add/Change/Remove a Letter
by Brandon Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:02 pm

» Haiku For You
by Broder4Life Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:52 pm

Top posting users this week


Greatest Music Eras (Opinion)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greatest Music Eras (Opinion)

Post by [ADMIN] Gummy on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:30 am

In your opinion, what era has produced the greatest music? From hair bands and glam bands to boy bands and girl bands to pop singers and disney creations to techno and dubstep, etc.

Personally I can listen to a good lot of near anything, but if I had to choose just one to be the best I would say modern rock (2000-2010 or so). Breaking Benjamin, Daughtry, Creed, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Rise Against, The Fray and so forth - these are bands I listen to on an almost daily basis.

_________________

Don't be pushed by your problems.
Be led by your dreams.
avatar
[ADMIN] Gummy
Admin

Posts : 223
Join date : 2013-01-21
Location : USA



http://mediacollision.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Music Eras (Opinion)

Post by [ADMIN] Kelly on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:49 pm

[ADMIN] Gummy wrote:Personally I can listen to a good lot of near anything, but if I had to choose just one to be the best I would say modern rock (2000-2010 or so). Breaking Benjamin, Daughtry, Creed, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Rise Against, The Fray and so forth - these are bands I listen to on an almost daily basis.

Quite honestly, this is what I would say. That or my mother's era of music (when she was in high school), music was being experimented, played, etc. like nuts and most of the things made within the record studios of her time are big influences to the music in which we have today.

_________________


"I've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar,
I've never made a bet, yet we gamble with desire.
I never lit a match with intent to start a fire,
But recently the flames are getting out of control."

- Jase Rae (By: All Time Low)
avatar
[ADMIN] Kelly

Posts : 499
Age : 25
Join date : 2013-01-21
Location : United States



http://mediacollision.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Music Eras (Opinion)

Post by Brandon on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:21 pm

60s, 70s, 80s, 90s.

Rick Astley, Elvis Presley, Kiss, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Beach Boys, Beetles, Michael Jackson, Sammy Hagger, Creed, and Bon Jovi.

These guys set the bar high unlike this modern day Justin Bieber, Psy, etc..

_________________

Looking for Quest help? Click here.

Check out my Queen Black Dragon Service here.


Check out my stats in RuneScape Smile
Spoiler:
Satan \\'Nana Yellow \\'Nana Satan \\'Nana Yellow \\'Nana Satan \\'Nana Yellow \\'Nana Satan \\'Nana Yellow \\'Nana Satan \\'Nana Yellow \\'Nana Satan \\'Nana Yellow \\'Nana Satan \\'Nana



Other Options Below

Spoiler:
Need Help? Send me a message here

Read the Rules and Stay out of trouble here
avatar
Brandon

Posts : 149
Age : 25
Join date : 2013-03-15
Location : In Kellys Closet


http://www.twitch.com/annihilators

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Music Eras (Opinion)

Post by Billious on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:42 am

Omg....don't know how you can put Rick Ashley and Sammy Hagger in there. Ashley was a flash in the pan act and Hagger nearly killed Van Halen outright. That seriously blows my mind, but each to their own.

With music being an art form based on such an immediate emotional response means it is in a constant state of flux and therefore the greatest era will always be one to come. Music of the past just becomes an attachment to that time and new music is what seems to inspire the most. So picking an era is difficult at best.

The greatest era for innovation and experimentation in music however has to be the 70's and early 80's. Grandmaster Flash and the Fabulous Five created the first rap song, closely followed by Blondie's Rapture of all ppl. So 70's = first white rapper, not the Beasty Boys or Eminem. Without bands like Aerosmith, Van Halen, AC/DC, Kiss or Iron Maiden there would be no Creed, Nickleback, Metalica or Rise Against. Punk rock was formed to fight the establishment, anti-war, anti-racism and a live for the moment ethos then modern punk rock bands like Linkin Park or Blink sing love songs 0.o. Jean Michel Jarre creates Oxygene, a completely electronic score that ends up used in so many movies like 2001 a Space Odyssey, which is the forerunner to techno. A combination of that and disco creates the dance scene of the 90's and onward. I could easily go on but just about anywhere you look throughout the 70's you can find the inspiration, and probably the exact sample/sound/lyrics of the music of today. Don't tell me Wolf Mother isn't a copy of Black Sabbath or Judas Priest.

_________________

avatar
Billious

Posts : 18
Join date : 2013-01-25
Location : Western Australia


Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Music Eras (Opinion)

Post by Music on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Definitely the '50s.

By that, I mean the 1750s. The Classical era shaped the modern day chord progressions, melodies, harmonies, and everything else that has evolved into modern music today.

_________________

avatar
Music
Wannabe Mod

Posts : 120
Age : 23
Join date : 2013-01-23
Location : Asking Alexandria Studios


Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Music Eras (Opinion)

Post by [ADMIN] Gummy on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Billious wrote:Omg....don't know how you can put Rick Ashley and Sammy Hagger in there. Ashley was a flash in the pan act and Hagger nearly killed Van Halen outright. That seriously blows my mind, but each to their own.

With music being an art form based on such an immediate emotional response means it is in a constant state of flux and therefore the greatest era will always be one to come. Music of the past just becomes an attachment to that time and new music is what seems to inspire the most. So picking an era is difficult at best.

The greatest era for innovation and experimentation in music however has to be the 70's and early 80's. Grandmaster Flash and the Fabulous Five created the first rap song, closely followed by Blondie's Rapture of all ppl. So 70's = first white rapper, not the Beasty Boys or Eminem. Without bands like Aerosmith, Van Halen, AC/DC, Kiss or Iron Maiden there would be no Creed, Nickleback, Metalica or Rise Against. Punk rock was formed to fight the establishment, anti-war, anti-racism and a live for the moment ethos then modern punk rock bands like Linkin Park or Blink sing love songs 0.o. Jean Michel Jarre creates Oxygene, a completely electronic score that ends up used in so many movies like 2001 a Space Odyssey, which is the forerunner to techno. A combination of that and disco creates the dance scene of the 90's and onward. I could easily go on but just about anywhere you look throughout the 70's you can find the inspiration, and probably the exact sample/sound/lyrics of the music of today. Don't tell me Wolf Mother isn't a copy of Black Sabbath or Judas Priest.

Music wrote:Definitely the '50s.

By that, I mean the 1750s. The Classical era shaped the modern day chord progressions, melodies, harmonies, and everything else that has evolved into modern music today.

/me asks simple opinion question, gets two specifically realistic answers xD

I was merely asking for your opinions on what era (basically what you listen to the most, what inspires you personally the most). I do agree with what was stated though.

_________________

Don't be pushed by your problems.
Be led by your dreams.
avatar
[ADMIN] Gummy
Admin

Posts : 223
Join date : 2013-01-21
Location : USA



http://mediacollision.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatest Music Eras (Opinion)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum